Thursday, May 28, 2009

Gemini

I was also commissioned by a prominent person here in Indianapolis to create a private sculpture for their property. After first visit to their property I was blown away by the landscape and openness of the space. So when thinking about what to put on the property, I thought of objects that occupy space, Comets.

I modified the growth form that I had used for Community North and extended the tails of the form to make it look like these comets were hurdling through space. Multiple views of this sculpture were important for me, so when you are walking around the piece it looks like it is flying close to the ground.

I'm extremely excited about this opportunity because it allows me get my feet working at a scale all my sculpture heroes have been working at.



No comments: